Open Standards Mean Optimum Flexibility
Ripping and replacing your existing investment is wasteful, disruptive and unnecessary. Don't get locked into an expensive proprietary infrastructure management solution.
Instead, use an open approach to maximize the efficiency of our existing investment and your future infrastructure deployments. With Dell™, you're free to build the data center you need, rather than the data center your infrastructure management supports.
Standardize and Automate Your IT Landscape
How can you combine your servers, storage, and networking from different vendors into a simpler, more standardized and automated IT landscape?
- Build a virtual-ready infrastructure from x86-based servers and open-standard storage, all connected by a 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) fabric that incorporates your existing hardware investment.
- Virtualize your servers, where you want to. Virtualization is not necessary to implement Dell infrastructure management, but it provides maximum flexibility and portability of your application workloads. Dell’s solution easily manages physical servers, virtual servers or any combination of the two.
- Apply the revolutionary infrastructure management software, Dell Advanced Infrastructure Manager (AIM), to manage your virtual landscape on top of your existing hardware. Your data center can then automatically respond to changing demand by reconfiguring your virtualized servers, storage, and networking according to the policies you define.
The Advantages of Dell’s Open Approach
- Protect your existing IT investment by working with the servers, storage and switches you already have
- Avoid vendor lock-in. You can use anyone's hardware with our infrastructure management
- Support both virtual and physical environments at the same time and move workloads instantly
- Mix and match your preferred virtualization solutions — VMware®, Microsoft® Hyper-V™ and Citrix® XenServer™
- Keep infrastructure management out of the data path, so you retain the native performance of your hardware
Solutions Begin with Us
If your organization needs to reduce costs while improving performance and efficiency, virtualization may be the solution. Get started on the right foot with the information you need to make well-informed decisions. We offer Server and Storage, and Network Assessments to help you understand your organization’s needs and your infrastructure’s capabilities.
For more information, contact an Account Manager at 1-800-800-0014, or complete this Information Request form today.