We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Large Account Reseller (LAR) and Enterprise Software Advisor (ESA) partner. We can assist you with your Microsoft Licensing purchase and bring the value and expertise of our Enterprise Licensing Specialists, Microsoft Support and Contracts team to ensure the maximum savings and utilization of your Microsoft contract.
Microsoft Volume Licensing is a software license only that gives users the right to run a Microsoft software product. Customers can save above retail boxed software prices when they participate in a Microsoft Volume Licensing program. By acquiring software licenses through Volume Licensing, you pay for only the software license and not for additional materials. With some Microsoft Volume Licensing programs, you can also purchase Microsoft Software Assurance for Volume Licensing. This single, cost-effective program can help boost organizational productivity with 24 hours a day, seven days a week (24×7) support, deployment planning services, user and technical training, and the latest Microsoft software releases and unique technologies.
Microsoft Volume Licensing program models address organizations in the following two main categories:
- Organizations with more than five but fewer than 250 computers
- Organizations with more than 250 computers
For organizations with fewer than 250 computers, the Microsoft Open Programs provide volume discounts for a minimal up-front cost and are widely available through the worldwide partner channel. Open Programs provide the following three purchasing license options for commercial businesses:
- Open Value is for organizations with as few as five desktop PCs and offers the advantages of Software Assurance, simplified license management, and an annual payment structure. The Open Value program offers three options: Company-wide, Non–Company-wide, and Open Value Subscription.
- Open Value Subscription is for customers who want to subscribe to, rather than acquire, Microsoft product licenses. Available in select countries or regions, Microsoft Open Value Subscription provides the lowest up-front costs of the Open Programs with the flexibility to reduce their total licensing costs in years when their desktop PC count declines.
- Open License is for customers who want a minimum initial purchase of only five software licenses. This program is ideal if you prefer to pay-as-you-go and change your licensing program as your business grows. You can qualify for volume purchasing under the volume feature of Open License. Open volume purchasing is for customers who can meet minimum purchase levels using a system of product pools and points. With an entry minimum of 500 points from a single product pool, this program offers deeper discounts for a greater savings.
For organizations with 250 or more desktop PCs, Microsoft offers the following options:
- Microsoft Select Plus is for midsize and large organizations with 250 or more desktop PCs with multiple affiliates that want to license software and services at any business unit level while still getting the price saving advantages of being a single organization.
- Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) is for larger organizations that want to standardize their desktop IT across the enterprise, but retain the flexibility to purchase Microsoft software licenses and cloud services for different types of users. Based on a three-year enrollment term, it provides the deepest pricing discounts and the advantages of Software Assurance.
- Microsoft Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS) is a Volume Licensing program for large organizations that want to subscribe to—rather than purchase—Microsoft software licenses. This program provides similar advantages as the Enterprise Agreement with a lower initial cost based on a three-year subscription and the ability to increase or decrease subscription counts on an annual basis. However, unlike the EA where you retain perpetual use rights for the licenses you purchase, with this subscription agreement, you gain access to Microsoft software for only as long as you maintain your subscription.
Software Assurance for Volume Licensing
Microsoft Software Assurance for Volume Licensing helps boost organizational productivity with 24 hours a day, seven days a week (24×7) support, deployment planning services, user and technical training, and the latest Microsoft software releases and unique technologies, all in one cost-effective program. With Software Assurance, you get access to the latest software updates and other important resources and tools, such as the following:
- New product versions that help lower the costs of software acquisition by giving you discounts on upgrades and simplifying software licensing, budgeting, and administration.
- Deployment planning that gives you on-site, expert guidance and tools so that you can efficiently deploy and implement new software.
- Comprehensive training options to help reduce the costs of training IT staff or users while helping them become more efficient with Microsoft products.
- Support benefits to help maximize uptime via 24×7 phone and web support, plus access to the TechNet community of experts.
- Access to exclusive products, such as Windows Enterprise and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack to help you efficiently manage PCs, while helping to reduce security risks.
Programs for Public Sector and Other Organizations
For public sector organizations with fewer than 250 PCs, Microsoft offers customized versions of the Open Programs: Open License, Open Value, and Open Value Subscription. The Open License for Academic and Open License for Government programs are similar to the commercial Open License program, but with different pricing and partner channels. In some countries or regions, government organizations can also participate in the Open Value for Government and Open Value Subscription for Government programs. In some countries or regions, charitable organizations can participate in the Open License for Charities program. Check with your Microsoft reseller for availability.
Government and education organizations with more than 250 PCs can participate in the Select Plus program. Government organizations can also participate in the Enterprise Agreement program.
For education institutions that prefer to license their software on an annual subscription basis, Microsoft offers two unique programs: Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (for higher education institutions and primary/secondary schools) and Microsoft School Enrollment (for primary/secondary schools only).
Microsoft Financing provides commercial and public sector customers with an affordable and predictable way to acquire the IT solutions that businesses need to help cut costs and increase efficiencies. Microsoft Financing can help you focus on what matters most: finding the best IT solution to support the success of your business.
Microsoft Financing helps you be strategic with your IT purchases in the following ways:
- Get the IT solution you need to achieve business goals.
- Manage software, services (such as deployment), partner products, and hardware as one investment.
- Align IT benefits with costs.
- Enjoy a fast, easy, and responsive lending process.