Start with a PoC Appliance
The PoCA (Proof of Concept Appliance) runs on state-of-the-art server hardware and has built-in storage and networking switches; it will arrive with two thin clients. The application contains everything needed to begin the VDI PoC, including VMware vCenter and View Manager, Microsoft Active Directory, Domain Controller, a master Windows XP image, a master Widows 7 image, thin client device managers, user experience monitoring software, and a VMware certified engineer to help along the way.
Our VMware certified professional engineers assist and train you through installation and start up, provide support during the 45-day PoC, and help with shut down. The engineer will ensure that everything comes up in the right order and is operating properly. The engineer is also available to teach you how to install applications into the master image, show how to create the appropriate VDI pools, and initiate testing.
The First Step Is Knowing the Last Step
Documenting what you are hoping to accomplish is the first step. We will help you define success criteria and create tests and demonstrations to support those metrics. Typically, customers look for the following criteria:
- Ability to create pools of desktops through the View Manager wizard to support persistent or non-persistent environments.
- Layer-in their desktop applications to verify operation in a VDI desktop.
- USB device functionality (re-direction, blocking use, etc.)
- Printing and multi-monitor use.
- User roaming.
- Application functionality and delivery.
- Patch management.