When it comes to building a private cloud, offering cloud services, or connecting more securely to clouds, the message is clear: Your organization wants a consistent, integrated approach that helps you solve fundamental business and IT challenges. You also want assurance that a growing set of devices can take advantage of new applications and services that can be deployed on-premises and in public cloud environments. Using Windows Server 2012 to cloud optimize your IT provides an optimal solution to meet these unique needs.
Windows Server 2012 takes you
If you want the flexibility of a private cloud, implementing solutions in a virtualized environment is not enough. Windows Server 2012 lets you go beyond virtualization to deploy and more securely connect to private clouds in a flexible IT environment that adapts dynamically to changing business needs.
- A complete virtualization platform that delivers a fully isolated, multitenant environment with tools that can help ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met, monitor resource use for reporting, and support self-service delivery
- Improved scalability and performance through a high-density, highly scalable environment that can be tuned to perform at an optimal level based on your needs
- Connectivity to cloud services using a common identity and management framework for more secure and reliable cross-premises connectivity
Windows Server 2012 offers tools to help customers make the transition from on-premises to hosted or hybrid environments, and to continue providing the services and reliability demanded by enterprise, mid-market, and small businesses.
Windows Server 2012 delivers
the power of many servers with the simplicity of one
Windows Server 2012 is designed for IT pros to optimize for the cloud while satisfying business needs faster and more efficiently by providing a highly available, easy-to-manage, multiserver platform that offers the following benefits:
- Flexible storage, to offer diverse storage choices that deliver performance, efficiency, and innovation while taking advantage of industry-standard hardware
- Continuous availability, to provide cost-effective, highly available services, with protection against a wide range of failure scenarios
- Management efficiency, to automate a broader set of management tasks, simplify deployment of major workloads, and provide the path toward full lights-out automation
Windows Server 2012
enables the modern workstyle
Cloud optimized IT supports a mobile and flexible work style that gives people access to information and data regardless of the infrastructure, network, device, or application in use. Windows Server 2012 empowers IT to provide users with flexible access to data and applications from virtually anywhere, on popular devices—all with a rich user experience.
- Access from virtually anywhere, any device, with easier, on-demand access to a virtualized work environment, including from branch locations and public connectivity services
- Full Windows experience anywhere, with a personalized and rich user experience on popular devices, while adapting to different network conditions quickly and responsively
- Enhanced data security and compliance, where central audit and access policies enable fine control of access to data and corporate resources based on strong identity, data classification, and simplified administration for remote access
Windows Server 2012 editions
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter is designed for highly virtualized private cloud environments
- Windows Server 2012 Standard is designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials is ideal for small businesses that have as many as 25 users and 50 devices
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation provides a Windows Server experience for as many as 15 users
To learn more about Microsoft Windows Server 2012 contact your Account Manager