Quantum's vmPRO software is an affordable, easy-to-deploy solution that works with DXi appliances and users' existing backup applications to integrate VM backup and recovery into users' existing data protection processes. vmPRO software reduces both the amount of VM data to backup as well as the amount of traffic on the network, is an easy to use backup application on its own, or can complement a preferred ISV application; optimizing performance and limiting licensing fees. The resulting benefits include industry-leading data reduction, fast backup and restore, simple deployment—all at an affordable price. That's Quantum Certainty.
Key Features and Benefits of VMPro Software
• Light weight application runs as a virtual appliance, eliminating the cost and complexity of additional servers and the need to install agents.
• Provides direct, file system level view of VMs to third party software for simple integration into existing backup processes.
• Auto-discovers all VMs – active and inactive – to make management of dynamic environments faster and easier.
• Filters out inactive data to reduce backup volumes by up to 75% - accelerating backups, reducing resource loads, prividing more effective deduplication.
• Provides fast, flexible VM and Single File Recovery.
• Works with DXi appliances providing more effective deduplication, full support for replication, direct path-to-tape, distributed deduplication and centralized management.
The vmPRO 4000 is a complete data protection solution that combines turnkey simplicity with advanced VM protection technology and market leading value. It's an all-in-one protection solution for virtual machines in SMBs and remote offices that includes both backup software and storage that leverages deduplication to retain months of data. Industry leading data reduction, fast backup and restore, simple deployment—all at an affordable price.
Download an Evaluation of vmPRO and DXi
Watch a vmPRO Overview Video
Key Features and Benefits of the DXi 4601 deduplication appliance
•DXi4601—the industry's first capacity-on-demand deduplication appliance.
• Capacity-on-demand model scales from 4 to 12 TB by simply activating a license key—scalability without a service visit or reconfiguring racks.
• DXi4000 units provide up to 1.7TB/hour performance, twice that of leading competitors.
• Reduces typical disk capacity needs by 90% or more through deduplication
• All software license features – including replication and support for the Symantec OpenStorage API (OST) are included in the base price
• Integrates smoothly with all leading backup applications including NetBackup and Backup Exec under the Symantec OpenStorage API (OST)